Introductory Programme: Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
There is no area of my life that has not been touched by Kundalini Yoga
It has given me a purpose as a teacher.
It has brought me deep healing both physically and mentally.
It has improved the relationships in my life.
It has taught me to show up for myself and to speak my truth.
~ Samantha Lindsay German
Kundalini yoga is a comprehensive synergistic skill set that, as it combines pose and posture, breath work, mudra, mantra, relaxation, and meditation, facilitates a bi-directional feedback and thus an integration between the heart and the brain (physically and spiritually). These are the processes that sub-serve self-regulation and thus elevate us to a place of higher consciousness (Source).
Kundalinî Yoga as a designated form of practice only arose late into the 20th century, the essential philosophy incorporates essential classical yogic elements. Most specifically, it is through unambiguous Kriyâs which incorporate the classical elements of breath, posture, bhanda, mûdra, mantra, and drsti, and their ability to biophysically stimulate the mind-body, that the individual self can come to stabilise the mind and to re-establish a connection with the transcendental Self; this in turn triggering the release of the inherent reparative mechanisms within –the mind-body’s intuit ability to activate the balanced interaction of neurological, endocrinological, and immunological mechanisms involved in healing.
The supposition for such lies in itself on the understanding of the word kriyâ “a word that has numerous meaning in the yoga world, is used in this system of yoga to mean ‘a completed action’, or as Shanti Shanti Kaur puts it, ‘a sequence that leads to a certain result’” (McCall, 2007, p.382). Moreover, there is a foundation of understanding that each kriyâ is a “predetermined series … to affect various nerves, glands, and organs with an outcome greater than the sum of its parts. Each kriyâ acts as a recipe combining breath, posture, bhanda, mudrâ, mantra, and drishti. Each kriyâ has a specific effect on the physical structure and physiology of the person practicing” (Khalsa in Payne, Gold, & Goldman, 2015, p. 375); as mentioned throughout it is through attentive focus (drsti), motion (posture), poise (mudra & bhanda), pattern (breath), vibration (mantra), and reverberation (Sadhana: more than the sum of its parts) that we attain access to the inherent reparative mechanisms within. Hence, through each specifically designed kriyâ there is an initiation of change within the insentient bounds of nature, or within the physicality of the body, that in turn initiates change within the transcendental Self and the sentience of existence: on a quantum level it may be through each specific kriyâ combination that physical changes within and between body, breath, and connection creates molecular changes of light, sound, electricity, magnetism, and resonance within the cells of the one who practices. Regeneration begins at the heart of each kriyâ.
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training offers you a range of exquisite and various techniques for creating lasting mental and physical change. Various kriyas and meditations will be taught to you that attend to specific therapeutic applications of body, mind and heart. Through the practice of kundalini yoga teacher training you will be able to offer yourself and your students a steadier frame of mind and a valuable holistic yogic framework for well being, including increased vitality and improved mental and physical health.
Creating virtuous life cycles through the scientific application of angles in asana and kriyas for meditation is part of the kundalini yoga experience. You will explore the subtle body teachings of nadi, chakra and prana to effect kundalini. You will learn how to apply and teach sound (naad), bodily gestures (mudra), breathing techniques (pranayama), eye gaze (dristhi) and mental focus (dharana) to create long lasting personal transformation.
You will also learn the ethical principles of the teacher and transference as it applies to kundalini yoga teaching and gain a deeper understanding of the confidence and leadership skills that the kundalini yoga teacher requires.
You will consider the role of raising your own consciousness as a kundalini yoga teacher to impart transformational change in your students.
This Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training programme is delivered in conjunction with BIYOME’s 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Lifestyle Medicine teacher training programme. By delivering you the highest quality educational resources through state-of-the-art evidence-based science we endeavour to assist you in creating opportunities for adeptly understanding the imperative nature of the mind-body connection as it relates to well-being in and beyond the 21st century.
Lifestyle Medicine is a rapidly growing discipline that incorporates mind-body medicine, by way of yoga and meditation, under its large umbrella, opening opportunities for registered yoga and meditation teachers to assist many toward wellbeing. As such, BIYOME has developed an approach to both our provisional 200 hour Teacher Training and accompanying 150 hour upgrade to full teaching registration that facilitates an appreciation for the biological, psychological, and sociological (biopsychosocial) aspects of yoga as lifestyle medicine.
Yoga Australia 200YTT Member
Yoga Alliance 200RYT Member
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this 200 Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training course, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, highly educated kundalini yoga class to a wide variety of individuals with a range of different therapeutic needs. Our courses provide you with vast and rich information in order for you to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence and experience. With intention and discipline, you will become confident in developing heightened proprioceptive awareness in your students and give them a suitable level of control over breath, mind and body.
As a BIYOME teacher you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience, described for millennia through the science of yoga.
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognised membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance all over the world. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
BIYOME’s 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training upgrade specifically allows you to upgrade existing qualifications by 150 hours and bring you closer towards your desired level of Yoga Teacher Training and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide.
What You Will Learn
- A range of Kundalini yoga Kriyas and meditation techniques that carefully support the mind and body with precision and awareness
- Kundalini Yoga techniques tailored to specific applications
- Kundalini Yoga to reduce stress and anxiety, reduce depressive tendencies and addictions
- Kundalini Yoga to open the heart and lead a more heart centred life
- Kundalini Yoga to increase vitality and improve health conditions
- Delve into the subconscious mind and cleanse the mind
- Employ the use of breath, mantra, mudra, bandha to focus and still the mind.
- Understand the yogic framework for health and disease
- Understand yoga and the mind, psychology and mental health and the teachings and philosophy that lead to personal transformation.
- Kundalini Yoga postures for meditation including science of angles and application of kriya’s to generate virtuous life cycles
- Pranayama techniques to bring the mind to stillness; breath retention and the vital use of body’s bandhas to assist in pranayama
- Understanding Drishti to focus the mind for meditation, Dharana or concentration including benefits and applications of the eye focus including the Third Eye, Lotus Point, Moon Centre and more.
- Understanding Mudra to experience the qualities of different hand positions. Gyan, Buddhi, Shuni and Ravi mudras as well as Venus Lock and their relationship to mastering the elements.
- Understanding Naad and the conscious Power of sound and mantra to raise the Kundalini.
- Experiencing subtle bodies and teaching others to do the same.
- Ethical principles of the therapist, transformational role and consciousness of yoga teacher.
What You Will Experience
Four face-to-face specialty intensive training electives
Throughout the course, there is an essential face-to-face face component that incorporates training tailored to your course. This includes 20 days of training offered over a two year period on Fridays, monthly 9.30am-3.30pm
Each of the four (4) specialty intensive training electives that you select shall offer you an immersion of theoretical and practical knowledge. Each of the specialty intensive training electives that compose this course entail:
Kundalini Yoga for Mental & Emotional Health
- The Foundations of Kundalini Yoga.
- The concept of Kriya as the gateway to ultimate health.
- Kundalini Yoga for physical and emotional stamina.
- Kundalini Yoga to support depression and anxiety
- The Self Sensory System as a tool to emotional and mental harmony.
- The prescription for complete wellbeing.
Kundalini Yoga – Energetic Yogic Anatomy
- Yoga for the Subtle body
- Prana, Apana, Nadis and Kundalini
- The Navel Point
- The Chakras
- The Ten Bodies
- Live life as an Energetic Sensory Being
Kundalini Meditations – Naad Yoga, Sound Healing & Mantra
- The Science of Naad Yoga
- The Quantum Technology of the Shabd Guru
- he Characteristics of the Mind
- Mantra and the Power of Prayer
- Finding Shuniya through Pranayama and Mudra
- Celestial Communication
Kundalini Yoga for Spiritual Development
- The Cycles of Life.
- The journey of the Soul.
- The Five Stages on the path of Wisdom
- Death and Dying
- The Sacred Secrets of Success
- Awakening to a 5 Dimensional Existence.
Additionally throughout this course you will be offered online content that builds upon your foundational training and offers you a wealth of resources to support and enhance your understanding of Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine. This includes:
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Bandha, Mudra, & Pranayama Manual
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete Access to all BIYOME’s 200hr online Teacher Training course materials
- Complete access to all Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Recorded Lectures
- Complete access to all Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training monthly session notes
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
The BIYOME Difference
Selection of four (4) speciality intensive training electives for continued professional development (with a limit of only one meditation option) from the following 33-hour intensive retreats 2021 – 2022.
CPD07 Kundalini Yoga Therapy and Meditation Training for Yoga Teachers
CPD13 Kundalini Yoga – Energetic Yogic Anatomy
CPD14 Kundalini Meditations – Naad Yoga, Sound Healing & Mantra
CPD15 Kundalini Yoga for Spiritual Development
Detailed information on specialty intensive training electives (CPD’s) available here
**Courses featuring special overseas or interstate guests incur an additional $250 deposit to be paid upfront on CPD booking.
Your 200KYTT Training Requirements
- 80% face-to-face attendance
- Completion of four (4) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD), one full day on a Friday, monthly for two years
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online 200YTT content
- To undertake 30 additional class hours with a registered yoga teacher
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken.
- The Eight Human Talents by Gurmukhi Kaur Khalsa
- Introduction to Kundalini Yoga Volume 1 and 2 by Guru Rattana
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props / variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives (CPD’s).
Your 200KYTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $4,108*
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(12) Monthly Payments – $353.25
Face-to-Face or Livestreamed options available.
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.