Vocational Enrichment Programme: Biomedically Informed Yoga for the Individual
This program is designed to take you from any 200hr registration to our 350hr personalised Biomedical yoga. Upon completion of this program you will become a professionally recognised teacher through Yoga Australia. You will acquire the additional skills to integrate yoga and meditation into your daily life and the lives of others. This course will provide an accurate understanding of the science and deep experience of the transcendental state of yoga.
BIYOME’s 150hr Yoga Teacher Training programme upgrade will enable you an adept understanding of the holistic being which aims to embed the capacity for you to tailor a practice to suit the individual needs of your clientele. You will gain a level of knowledge that assists you in the capacity to conceptualise the body deeply – offering your students a diverse and personalised experience of the practice, as opposed to just delivering a class.
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this 150hr upgrade, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, highly educated session to a wide variety of individuals with a range of different therapeutic needs. Our courses provide you with vast and rich information in order for you to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence, convey the latest biomedical research in the field to students, offer appropriate alignment cues, give touch adjustments, and teach yoga postures aided by props designed to assist with neurological feedback. With intention and discipline, you will become confident in developing heightened proprioceptive awareness in your students and give them a suitable level of control over breath, mind and body.
As a BIYOME teacher you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience, described for millennia through the science of yoga.
This course qualifies you as a Level 1 Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide. You will also qualify to upgrade with post graduate specialities. This course also qualifies you for full Yoga Australia membership.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Personalised BioMedical Yoga
- Adept Understanding of Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Adept Understanding of the Body-Mind Connection
- Adept Wisdom in Theory of Teaching-Technique
- Âsana Principles
- Working with The Vagal (Vagus) Nerve
- Working with The Heart-Brain Connection
- Working with HeartRate Variability
- Working with Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis
- Working with Psychoneuroimmunology
- Working with Gut-Brain Axis
- Specialty Intensive Training (CPD) of your choice
What You Will Experience
Four face-to-face foundational contact weekends
Throughout the course there is a foundational face-to-face face component that incorporates training tailored to your course. These will include 60 hours via four 15-hour weekends offered July – December 2020.
July Intake 2020
August 1st & 2nd, 2020
August 29th & 30th, 2020
October 10th & 11th, 2020
November 14th & 15th, 2020
Foundational content will include
face-to-face content and teachers are subject to change
- Personalised BioMedical Yoga: Working with the Individual
- Anatomy Trains: myofascial meridians Working with the individual Biomechanically & Energetically
- Observation, Modification and Sequencing for the individual in yoga practice
- Understanding Psychoneuroimmunology and endocrinology
- Yoga Psychology for Mental Health
- Understanding Trauma & Abnormal Psychology in Yoga & Meditation
- Understanding heart rate variability and vagal tone – individualised techniques for healing trauma & PTSD
- Understanding brain in trauma and in meditation and personalising practice for patients
- Clinical Yoga therapy for Mental health, Stress, Addictions, Sleep Hygiene
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga Physiotherapy
- Yoga tools for the lower limb, knees and back
- Yoga tools for the upper body, head, neck and shoulders
- Psychology of Flow in Yoga
- Flow Psychology in yoga and mindfulness-based education
- A BioMedical perspective of Inversions
- Sequencing, science and practice of Inversions (gentle to strong)
Leanne Davis (Yoga Australia President, Vinyoga)
Sam German (Kundalini yoga)
Craig Smith (Viniyoga)
Jamie Denham (Iyengar Yoga)
Dr. Sue Jackson (Flow & iRest Specialist)
>>Find out more about our faculty & staff
The BIYOME Difference
Selection of one (1) speciality intensive training elective for continued professional development. This includes the following one (1) 33-hour intensive retreats offered for 2020 course intakes (some course topics yet to be confirmed and may be subject to change):
- CPD1 Meditation and Mind Body Medicine Teacher Training (January 2-5, 2020)
- CPD2 Yoga Nidra Teacher Training specialising in iRest with Fuyuko Sawamura-Toyota** (April 10-13, 2020)
- CPD7 Kundalini Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr Shanti Kaur Khalsa** (May 29-June 1, 2020)
- CPD8 Food-Mood Yoga and Meditation Therapy (June 19-22, 2020)
- CPD5 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: Restorative Yoga Therapy (September 11-14, 2020)
- CPD03 Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training: Compassion based Yoga Therapy (November 6 – November 9, 2020)
- CPD10 Compassion Focussed Yoga Therapy and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr James Kirby (December 4-7, 2020)
- CPD6 Mindfulness for a Meaningful Life (Year-round monthly Fridays 9:30-12:30; 11 classes for 33 hours course)
* Detailed information on specialty intensive training electives (CPD’s) available
**Courses featuring special overseas or interstate guests incur an additional $250 deposit to be paid upfront on CPD booking.
Your UP350YTT Training Requirements
- Completion of one (1) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) and the submission of the associated multiple-choice questions
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online UP350YTT content
- Evidence of having taught three (3) classes
- 80% face-to-face attendance
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
For 350hrs UPGRADE (if not combining with the 200YTT course), a 200hr yoga teacher training programme must be completed or being completed.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props/variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives.
Your UP350YTT Investment
Investment to becoming Level 1 registered with Yoga Australia starting from $2,350*
Payment Plans Available:
Certificate of completion/registration is not offered without complete payment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia – $2,600
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(12) Monthly Payments – $196
*Upfront payment discount applied