Vocational Enrichment Programme: Biomedically Informed Yoga for the Individual
This program is designed to take you from any 200-hour registration to our 350-hour personalized Biomedical yoga. Upon completing this program, you will become a professionally recognized teacher through Yoga Australia. You will acquire the additional skills to integrate yoga and meditation into your daily life and the lives of others. This course will provide an accurate understanding of the science and deep experience of the transcendental state of yoga.
BIYOME’s 150 hour Yoga Teacher Training programme upgrade will enable you an adept understanding of the holistic being, which aims to embed the capacity for you to tailor a practice to suit the individual needs of your clientele. You will gain a level of knowledge that assists you in the capacity to conceptualize the body deeply – offering your students a diverse and personalized experience of the practice, as opposed to just delivering a class.
This course is designed to be completed within 12 months.
Students who wish to go beyond the 350hr membership with the respective associations may want to explore:
BIYOME’s options for an upgrade after completing the 350hrs in a time frame that suits you.
UP150YTT Postgraduate 150hrs
650YTT Master of Biomedical Yoga Therapy, Meditation, & Allied Health
Commencing April 2022
Available to be taken as an online course at any time.
What You Will Walk Away With
As a BIYOME teacher, you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience described for millennia through the science of yoga.
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognized membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance worldwide. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
BIYOME’s upgrade to 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training specifically allows you to become a Level 1 Yoga Teacher and obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide. You will then qualify to upgrade further with postgraduate specialties.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Personalised BioMedical Yoga
- Adept Understanding of Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Adept Understanding of the Body-Mind Connection
- Adept Wisdom in Theory of Teaching-Technique
- Âsana Principles
- Working with The Vagal (Vagus) Nerve
- Working with The Heart-Brain Connection
- Working with HeartRate Variability
- Working with Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis
- Working with Psychoneuroimmunology
- Working with Gut-Brain Axis
- Specialty Intensive Training (CPD) of your choice
What You Will Experience
Four face-to-face foundational contact weekends
Throughout the course, there is a foundational face-to-face face component that incorporates training tailored to your course. These will include 48 hours via four 12-hour weekends offered August – November 2022.
August 27th & 28th, 2022
September 10th & 11th, 2022
October 8th & 9th, 2022
November 5th & 6th, 2022
Foundational Weekend Content
face-to-face content and teachers are subject to change
- WEEKEND ONE
- Understanding the individual: How stress and suffering presents itself / Symptomatology
- The Vyûha Model: Hetu, Hayam, Hânam, & Hânopâyah 1
- Iyengar yoga – tools for the Lower Body
- Flow Psychology in yoga
- WEEKEND TWO
- Adept Theory of Teaching-Technique: Working with the Vagal Nerve & the HPA axis
- The Vyûha Model: Hetu, Hayam, Hânam, & Hânopâyah 2
- Iyengar yoga – tools for the Upper Body
- Attachment-aware yoga for children & Yoga for integrating teen brain
- WEEKEND THREE
- Adept Theory of Teaching-Technique: Working with the Heart-Brain Connection & Heart Rate Variability
- Yoga for Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Care
- Understanding pain from acute injury to persistent injuries
- The importance of Savasana and Yoga Nidra Practice in the class room environment
- WEEKEND FOUR
- Adept Theory of Teaching-Technique: Working with Psychoneuroimmunology &
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Classic Poses of Restorative Yoga for the class room environment
Leanne Davis (Yoga Australia President, Vinyoga)
Samantha Lindsay-German (Kundalini yoga)
Jamie Denham (Iyengar Yoga)
Clare Sillence (Social Worker & Mental Health Specialist)
Swami Mukti (Satyananda yoga)
Marian Cavanagh (Registered Relax & Renew Instructor & Senior Yoga Teacher)
Edwina Kempe (Licensed TCTSY Specialist, Social Worker)
Dr. Sue Jackson (Flow & iRest Specialist)
Dr. James Kirby (Lecturer in Clinical Psychology UQ School of Psychology)
Dr. Maud Achard (Dietitian)
Alicia Carter (PhD and Masters of Health Psychology Candidate, UQ)
>>Find out more about our faculty & staff
The BIYOME Difference
Selection of one (1) speciality intensive training elective for continued professional development from the following 33-hour intensive retreats in 2022 (some course dates/teachers/topics yet to be confirmed and may be subject to change).
CPD02 Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (April 15-18, 2022)
CPD03 Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training: Compassion based Yoga Therapy (May 20-23, 2022)
CPD05 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: Restorative Yoga Therapy (June 17-20, 2022)
CPD07 Therapeutic Application of Kundalini Yoga with Samantha Lindsay-German (August 19-22, 2022)
CPD10 Compassion Focussed Yoga Therapy and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr James Kirby (November 18-21, 2022)
**Courses featuring special overseas or interstate guests incur an additional $250 deposit to be paid upfront on CPD booking.
Your UP350YTT Training Requirements
- 80% face-to-face attendance
- Completion of 4 foundational weekend retreats
- Completion of one (1) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) and associated multiple-choice questions
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online UP350YTT content
- To undertake 20 additional class hours with a registered yoga teacher
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
For 350 hour UPGRADE (if not combining with the 200YTT course), a 200 hour yoga teacher training programme must be completed or being completed.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props/variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives.
Your UP350YTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $2,848
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(11) Monthly Payments – $266
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.