There are a lot of things we need: One of these needs is that for the mind to work for you for the whole day, it must be fresh and clear; it must be made livable. That is why it is a requirement to rise early in the morning when nobody can disturb you, when you can be yourself.
Known as the “Yoga of Awareness” Kundalini Yoga is considered most comprehensive and combines meditation, mantra, pranayama, and posture (asana) within each single practice – there is a flow of energy and consciousness within Kundalini that cannot be sourced from other yogic techniques. More specifically, Kundalini Yoga Therapy offers a range of exquisite and various techniques for creating lasting mental and physical change – a process of integrative medicine that combines intuition and science; a Yoga Therapy that cultivates lasting mind-body change.
In 2020 BIYOME is excited to host Kundalini Yoga Therapy and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr. Shanti Kaur Khalsa. Shanti Shanti Kaur brings the ancient teachings of Kundalini Yoga into modern medicine as Founding Director of the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology. Under the guidance of Yogi Bhajan she developed and directs the 1,000 hour IAYT accredited International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training. A Kundalini Yoga teacher since 1971, Dr. Khalsa began to specialize in teaching Kundalini Yoga and Meditation to people with chronic or life threatening illness and their family members in 1986, under the direction of Yogi Bhajan.
She is a Certified Yoga Therapist, a Mentoring Lead Trainer for Levels 1 and 2 Kundalini Yoga teacher training, a Medical Family therapist, and a charter member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Her Kundalini Yoga program for people living with HIV is featured in the book, Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall, MD, and her ground breaking work as a Kundalini Yoga Therapist is featured in the book, Yoga Therapy and Integrative Medicine: Where Ancient Science Modern Medicine. (Source)
Join BIYOME as Dr. Shanti Kaur Khalsa guides your through various kriyas and meditations as originated by Yogi Bhajan to attend to specific therapeutic applications of body, mind and heart. Through the practice of kundalini meditation as a therapy you will be able to offer both yourself and your students a steadier frame of mind and a valuable holistic yogic framework for well-being, including increased vitality and improved mental and physical health.
Creating virtuous life cycles through the scientific application of angles in asana and kriyas for meditation is part of the kundalini experience. You will explore the subtle body teachings of nadi, chakra and prana to effect kundalini. You will learn how to apply and teach sound (naad), bodily gestures (mudra), breathing techniques (pranayama), eye gaze (dristhi) and mental focus (dharana) to create long lasting personal transformation.
You will also learn the ethical principles of the therapist and transference as it applies in kundalini yoga. A deeper understanding of the confidence and leadership skills that the yoga therapist requires will be imparted. You will consider the role of raising your own consciousness as a yoga therapist and teacher in seeing transformational change occur in your students.
It is Dr. Shanti Kaur Khalsa wish that students have an experience in Kundalini Yoga Therapy and Meditation as taught by Yogi Bhajan. It is our combined hope that you advance your general knowledge of yoga and meditation from a medical and spiritual perspective, as well as to teach yoga and meditation basics from the tradition of Kundalini. This course is presented with solid state-of-the-art scientific knowledge of how Kundalini Yoga and Meditation work, thus allowing you to build a multiplicity of skills into your teaching repertoire.
Next Date Offered:
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the philosophy behind Kundalini Yoga postures including the science of angles and application of kriya’s to generate virtuous life cycles, understanding Mudra to experience the qualities of different hand positions. Gyan, Buddhi, Shuni and Ravi mudras as well as Venus Lock and their relationship to mastering the elements that lead to personal transformation for you and your clients.
- Understanding the physiology behind practice including metaphysical anatomy as it relates to understanding Drishti to focus the mind for meditation, Dharana, or concentration – including benefits and applications of the eye focus including the Third Eye, Lotus Point, Moon Centre and more. As well as understanding the breath and Pranayama techniques to bring the mind to stillness; breath retention and the vital use of body’s bandhas to assist in pranayama
- Understanding the psychology behind practice including conceptualising Naad and the conscious Power of sound and mantra to raise the Kundalini, both ancient and modern principles of meditation as medicine and the nature of the student teacher relationship.
- Understanding from a complete immersive experience the foundations, applications, and teaching methodologies of kundalini as a therapeutic practice, including but not limited to:
- A range of Kundalini yogi Kriyas and meditation techniques that carefully support the mind and body with precision and awareness
- Meditation techniques as taught by Yogi Bhajan tailored to specific applications
- Meditations to reduce stress and anxiety, reduce depressive tendencies and addictions
- Meditations to open the heart and lead a more heart centred life
- Meditations to increase vitality and improve health conditions
- Delve into the subconscious mind and cleanse the mind
- Employ the use of breath, mantra, mudra, bhandha to focus and still the mind.
- Understand the yogic framework for health and disease
- Experiencing subtle body and teaching others to do the same.
- Ethical principles of the therapist, transformational role and consciousness of yoga therapist.
This is a 50 hour CPD course registered with both Yoga Australia and the Meditation Association of Australia – should you wish to begin your meditation or yoga teacher training with this course please view this Specialty Intensive Training as an elective within our full course offerings. Details available here.
Further Information & Requirements
- Taught By
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
- Singh, K. D., Stauth, C., & Borysenko, J. (2002). Meditation as medicine: Activate the power of your natural healing force. New York, NY: Fireside.
- McCall, T. B. (2012). Yoga as medicine: The yogic prescription for health & healing. New York, NY: Bantam.
There are currently no recommended books for this intensive.
There are currently no required props for this intensive.
Your CPD07 Investment
Full investment upfront $1,449
or choose a payment plan:
1x deposit payment $499
3x additional monthly payments $417
Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment