Introductory Programme: Transformational Meditation for Lifestyle Medicine
Our introductory 110 hour Meditation Teacher Training programme opens avenues into the world of lifestyle medicine. By delivering you the highest quality educational resources through state-of-the-art evidence-based science we endeavour to assist you in creating opportunities for adeptly understanding the imperative nature of the mind-body connection as it relates to well-being in and beyond the 21st centaury.
Lifestyle Medicine is a rapidly growing discipline that incorporates mind-body medicine, by way of yoga and meditation, under its large umbrella, opening opportunities for registered yoga and meditation teachers to assist many toward wellbeing. As such, BIYOME has developed an approach to our 110 hour Meditation Teacher Training that facilitates an appreciation for the biological, psychological, and sociological (biopsychosocial) aspects of meditation as lifestyle medicine.
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of each individual course your teaching skills will be second to none. You will gain the skills to connect compassionately and to listen deeply to an individual. Attaining adept knowledge within a biomedical framework of specialty yoga and meditation techniques you will be able to provide clients with skills of resilience, and positive, lasting change.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Meditation as Lifestyle Medicine
- Understanding Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Meditation as Lifestyle Medicine: Our innate ability to change
- The Path to Wellness: The Philosophy Behind Practice
- The Ethical Philosophy of Practice
- Understanding the Body-Mind Connection: Anatomy, Physiology & Neurobiology
- Theory of Teaching-Technique
- The Altruistic Teaching Methodology: The Science of Compassion and Connection
- Mindfulness: The Science of Attention and Attunement
- Specialty Intensive Training (CPD) of your choice
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Daily Practice Meditations
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio Lectures
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Selection of one (1) speciality intensive training elective for continued professional development (some course topics yet to be confirmed and may be subject to change):
- CPD1 Meditation and Mind Body Medicine Teacher Training
- CPD2 Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- CPD4 Trauma Informed Teacher Training
- CPD6 Mindfulness for a Meaningful Life (Updated Year-round monthly)
- CPD7 Kundalini Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training (to be released June, 2020)
Your OL110MTT Training Requirements
- Completion of one (1) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) and the submission of the associated multiple-choice questions
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online 110MTT content
- Evidence of having taught three Meditation (3) classes
- Daily Meditation Practice sheet – 3 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice or a qualification within the field of health and wellbeing; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Siegel, D. J. (2010). The mindful therapist: A clinician’s guide to mindsight and neural integration. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Ricard, M. (2015). Altruism: The power of compassion to change yourself and the world. Tullamarine, Australia: Bolinda Publishing.
- Doidge, N. (2016). The brain’s way of healing: Stories of remarkable recoveries and discoveries. London, United Kingdom: Penguin Books.
- Davidson, R. J., & Begley, S. (2013). The emotional life of your brain: How its unique patterns affect the way you think, feel, and live – and how you can change them. New York, NY: Penguin Putnam.
- Seligman, M. E. (2018). The hope circuit: A psychologist’s journey from helplessness to optimism. New York, NY: Hachette Book Group.
- Hanson, R., & Hanson, F. (2018). Resilient: How to grow an unshakable core of calm, strength, and happiness. New York, NY: Harmony Books.
- Hanson, R. (2013). Hardwiring Happiness: How to reshape your brain and your life. New York, NY: Harmony Books.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props / variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives
Your OL110MTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $999
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(3) Monthly Payments – $250
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.