Vocational Enrichment Programme: Biomedical Informed for Personalised Yoga
This program is designed to be completed over a 12 to 18-month time frame, giving you the basics in 200hr Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine program plus 150hr upgrade to personalised Biomedical yoga. Upon completion of this program you will become a professionally recognised teacher through Yoga Australia. You will acquire the skills to integrate yoga and meditation into your daily life and the lives of others. This course will provide an accurate understanding of the science and deep experience of the transcendental state of yoga.
BIYOME’s 350hr Yoga Teacher Training programme will enable you an adept understanding of the holistic being which aims to embed the capacity for you to tailor a practice to suit the individual needs of your clientele. You will gain a level of knowledge that assists you in the capacity to conceptualise the body deeply – offering your students a diverse and personalised experience of the practice, as opposed to just delivering a class.
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this 350hr Yoga Teacher Training, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, highly educated session to a wide variety of individuals with a range of different therapeutic needs. Our courses provide you with vast and rich information in order for you to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence, convey the latest biomedical research in the field to students, offer appropriate alignment cues, give touch adjustments, and teach yoga postures aided by props designed to assist with neurological feedback. With intention and discipline, you will become confident in developing heightened proprioceptive awareness in your students and give them a suitable level of control over breath, mind and body.
As a BIYOME teacher you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience, described for millennia through the science of yoga.
This course qualifies you as a Level 1 Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide. You will also qualify to upgrade with post graduate specialities. This course also qualifies you for full Yoga Australia membership.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine: Our innate ability to change
- The Path to Wellness: The Philosophy Behind Practice
- The Ethical Philosophy of Practice
- Understanding the Body-Mind Connection: Anatomy, Physiology & Neurobiology
- Theory of Teaching-Technique
- The Altruistic Teaching Methodology: The Science of Compassion and Connection
- Mindfulness: The Science of Attention and Attunement
- Asana: The Science of Posture and Position
- Pranayama: The Science of Respiration and Regulation
- Meditation: The Science of Concentration and Clarity
- Sound Therapy: The Science of Vocabulary and Vibration
- Introduction to Personalised BioMedical Yoga
- Adept Understanding of Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Adept Understanding of the Body-Mind Connection
- Adept Wisdom in Theory of Teaching-Technique
- Âsana Principles
- Working with The Vagal (Vagus) Nerve
- Working with The Heart-Brain Connection
- Working with HeartRate Variability
- Working with Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis
- Working with Psychoneuroimmunology
- Working with Gut-Brain Axis
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio Lectures
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Your OL350YTT Training Requirements
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online 350YTT content
- Evidence of having taught seven (7) classes
- Daily Practice sheet – 12 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
For 350hrs UPGRADE (if not combining with the 200YTT course), a 200hr yoga teacher training programme must be completed or being completed.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Your OL350YTT Investment
Investment to becoming provisionally registered with Yoga Australia starting from $3,249*
Payment Plans Available:
Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia – $3,489
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(18) Monthly Payments – $180
*Upfront payment discount applied