Complete Integrative Lifestyle Medicine training programme
This program is life changing.
Expect these educational years to be up there with some of the best years of your life! Transformative, educational, enriching and all about an absolute lifestyle change for the better. This is a complete Yoga, Meditation & Integrative Lifestyle Medicine qualification.
Designed to be completed over a 12 to 24 month time frame, this course is intended, and with your dedication, will give you the best training options for you future, and for your own personal lifestyle. The BIYOME 500 hour complete integrative Lifestyle Medicine training programme delivers immersive “present moment awareness” education transforming personal and collective consciousness. This training provides quality experiences that allow you to become truly mindful: in your work & livelihood; within your relationships; within your body & mind; this creating a life of deep sensate experience bringing resilience, meaning, joy, compassion, and hope.
Through this course, by cultivating internal change you will cultivate the beginnings of compassionate change within the lives of many.
Yoga Australia Full Member
Yoga Alliance 500RYT Member
Meditation Association of Australia Member
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this, your teaching skills will be second to none. You will walk away a changed person able to listen intentionally, compassionately, and with deep presence and resonance. You will know how to read and interpret pulse, breath, face and gait, motor skills, demeanour, as well as nervous system imbalance and requirements for restoration and meditation. You will be able to provide your clients with skills for great and lasting change through all of the following certifications:
- Yoga and Meditation as Transformational Lifestyle Medicine
- Personalised BioMedical Yoga
- Trauma Informed Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
- Mindfulness for a Meaningful Life
- The Neuroscience behind all practices
- The Physiology, Psychology, and Philosophies behind all practices
- Plus, an integrated sense of your own wellbeing as a practitioner
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga and Meditation teacher registered with Yoga Australia, Yoga Alliance, and Meditation Australia.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognised membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance all over the world. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
This course qualifies you as a Level 2 Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide. You will also qualify to register with the Meditation Association of Australia as well as apply for membership consideration with the Australasian Association of Lifestyle Medicine.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Yoga and Meditation as Lifestyle Medicine
- Understanding Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Our innate ability to change
- The Path to Wellness: The Philosophy Behind Practice
- The Ethical Philosophy of Practice
- Understanding the Body-Mind Connection: Anatomy, Physiology & Neurobiology
- Theory of Teaching-Technique
- The Altruistic Teaching Methodology: The Science of Compassion and Connection
- Mindfulness: The Science of Attention and Attunement
- Asana: The Science of Posture and Position
- Pranayama: The Science of Respiration and Regulation
- Meditation: The Science of Concentration and Clarity
- Sound Therapy: The Science of Vocabulary and Vibration
- Introduction to Personalised BioMedical Yoga
- Adept Understanding of Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Adept Understanding of the Body-Mind Connection
- Adept Wisdom in Theory of Teaching-Technique
- Âsana Principles
- Working with The Vagal (Vagus) Nerve
- Working with The Heart-Brain Connection
- Working with HeartRate Variability
- Working with Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis
- Working with Psychoneuroimmunology
- Working with Gut-Brain Axis
- Three Specialty Intensive Trainings (CPD) of your choice
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio Lectures
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Your OL500YTT Training Requirements
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online 500YTT content
- Completion of three (3) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) and associated multiple choice questions
- Evidence of having taught seven Yoga (7) classes
- Evidence of having taught three Meditation (3) classes
- Daily Yoga Practice sheet – 18 months
- Daily Meditation Practice sheet – 3 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
For 500 hour upgrade courses (if not combining with a 350 hour course), a 350 hour yoga teacher training course must be completed or being completed.
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props/variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives
Your OL500YTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $5,749*
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(23) Monthly Payments – $250
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.