Vocational Enrichment Programme: Biomedical Informed for Personalised Yoga
This program is designed to take you from any 200-hour registration to our 350-hour personalized Biomedical yoga. Upon completing this program, you will become a professionally recognized teacher through Yoga Australia. You will acquire the additional skills to integrate yoga and meditation into your daily life and the lives of others. This course will provide an accurate understanding of the science and deep experience of the transcendental state of yoga.
BIYOME’s 150 hour Yoga Teacher Training programme upgrade will enable you an adept understanding of the holistic being, which aims to embed the capacity for you to tailor a practice to suit the individual needs of your clientele. You will gain a level of knowledge that assists you in the capacity to conceptualize the body deeply – offering your students a diverse and personalized experience of the practice, as opposed to just delivering a class.
This course is designed to be completed within 12 months.
Students who wish to go beyond the 350hr membership with the respective associations may want to explore:
BIYOME’s options for an upgrade after completing the 350hrs in a time frame that suits you.
OLUP150YTT Postgraduate 150hrs
650YTT Master of Biomedical Yoga Therapy, Meditation, & Allied Health
What You Will Walk Away With
As a BIYOME teacher, you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience described for millennia through the science of yoga.
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognized membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance worldwide. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
BIYOME’s upgrade to 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training specifically allows you to become a Level 1 Yoga Teacher and obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide. You will then qualify to upgrade further with postgraduate specialties.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Personalised BioMedical Yoga
- Adept Understanding of Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Adept Understanding of the Body-Mind Connection
- Adept Wisdom in Theory of Teaching-Technique
- Âsana Principles
- Working with The Vagal (Vagus) Nerve
- Working with The Heart-Brain Connection
- Working with HeartRate Variability
- Working with Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis
- Working with Psychoneuroimmunology
- Working with Gut-Brain Axis
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio and Visual Lectures
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Your OLUP350YTT Training Requirements
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online UP350YTT content
- Evidence of having taught three (3) classes
- Daily Practice sheet – 12 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
For 350 hour upgrade (if not combining with the 200YTT course), a 200 hour yoga teacher training programme must be completed or being completed.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Your OLUP350YTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $1,748*
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(11) Monthly Payments – $166
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion/registration is not offered without complete payment.