Vocational Enrichment Programme: Transformational Meditation as Lifestyle Medicine.
There are no words to describe this programme, it is simply life changing.
Meditation is not only in itself one of the most rewarding and life changing practices to migrate from the east to the west, so too is the capacity to teach it to others. Many who immerse themselves in the world of meditation begin a journey of understanding like no other. Practice changes from a discipline to an embedded quality in daily living that nurtures one throughout their whole lives. Meditation offers benefits of a mind shaped on the values of mindfulness, compassion, and contentment. Meditation has the capacity to cultivate unshakable inner peace: teaching mediation has the compassionate capacity to offer this same ability to cultivate unshakable inner peace to others.
This course is designed to challenge and develop you personally and professionally. These will be the most intense yet valuable 24 months of your life. Not only will you walk away a qualified meditation practitioner, so too will you walk away knowing that you have been enriched through a transformative, educational, and an absolute lifestyle change. This is a complete qualification, providing you with over 660 hours of meditation practice and study.
Designed to be completed over two years, this course is intended, and with your dedication, will give you the best training options for you future, and for your own personal lifestyle. The BIYOME Biomedical Meditation Therapy & Allied Health programme delivers immersive “present moment awareness” education transforming personal and collective consciousness. This training provides quality experiences that allow you to become truly mindful: in your work & livelihood; within your relationships; within your body & mind; this creating a life of deep sensate experience bringing resilience, meaning, joy, compassion, and hope.
Through this course, by cultivating internal change you will cultivate the beginnings of compassionate change within the lives of many.
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this course, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, educated class. You will be able to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence, convey the latest research in the field to students, as well as provide more personalised support to a diverse range of mental health areas.
Whether you do this course full time or part time for yourself or to teach others, it is a highly valuable practice to live by and share with others. Meditation is an innovative lifestyle medicine of the 21st century.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Meditation as Lifestyle Medicine: Our innate ability to change
- The Path to Wellness: The Philosophy Behind Practice
- The Ethical Philosophy of Practice
- Understanding the Body-Mind Connection: Anatomy, Physiology & Neurobiology
- Theory of Teaching-Technique
- The Altruistic Teaching Methodology: The Science of Compassion and Connection
- Mindfulness: The Science of Attention and Attunement
- Pranayama: The Science of Respiration and Regulation
- Meditation: The Science of Concentration and Clarity
- Specialty Intensive Training (CPD) of your choice
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Daily Practice Meditations
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio Lectures
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Selection of six (6) speciality intensive training elective for continued professional development (some course topics yet to be confirmed and may be subject to change):
- CPD1 Meditation and Mind Body Medicine Teacher Training
- CPD2 Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- CPD3 Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training
- CPD4 Trauma Informed Teacher Training (to be released September 2019)
- CPD5 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: Restorative Yoga Therapy (to be released
- CPD6 Mindfulness for a Meaningful Life (Updated Year-round monthly)
- CPD8 Food-Mood Yoga and Meditation Therapy (to be released July 2020)
- CPD10 Compassion Focussed Yoga Therapy and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr
James Kirby (to be released December 2020)
Your OL660MTT Training Requirements
- Completion of six (6) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) and the submission of the associated multiple-choice questions
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online 660MTT content
- Proof of having taught eighteen Meditation (18) classes
- Daily Meditation Practice sheet – 18 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice or a qualification within the field of health and wellbeing; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Siegel, D. J. (2010). The mindful therapist: A clinician’s guide to mindsight and neural integration. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Ricard, M. (2015). Altruism: The power of compassion to change yourself and the world. Tullamarine, Australia: Bolinda Publishing.
- Doidge, N. (2016). The brain’s way of healing: Stories of remarkable recoveries and discoveries. London, United Kingdom: Penguin Books.
- Davidson, R. J., & Begley, S. (2013). The emotional life of your brain: How its unique patterns affect the way you think, feel, and live – and how you can change them. New York, NY: Penguin Putnam.
- Seligman, M. E. (2018). The hope circuit: A psychologist’s journey from helplessness to optimism. New York, NY: Hachette Book Group.
- Hanson, R., & Hanson, F. (2018). Resilient: How to grow an unshakable core of calm, strength, and happiness. New York, NY: Harmony Books.
- Hanson, R. (2013). Hardwiring Happiness: How to reshape your brain and your life. New York, NY: Harmony Books.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props / variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives
Your OL660MTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $4,800*
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(24) Monthly Payments – $200
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.