Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Training Programme
This program is designed to upgrade your existing Yoga Australia qualification by 150 hours. Upon completing this program, you will have the opportunity to advance your Yoga Australia Registration by one level. You will acquire the additional skills to integrate yoga into your daily life and the lives of others. This course will provide an accurate understanding of the science and deep experience of the transcendental state of yoga.
BIYOME’s 150 hour Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training programme will enable you with an understanding focused on three chosen specialties. You will gain a level of knowledge that assists you in the capacity to conceptualize and teach varied practices for a specific group or individual needs; this allows you to understand the body deeply – offering your students a diverse and personalized experience of the practice, as opposed to just delivering a class.
This course is designed to be completed within 12 months.
Training is conducted in a retreat setting, a 24-acre sanctuary designed to restore, rejuvenate, and regenerate body and mind.
Students who wish to upgrade their provisional 200hr membership with the respective associations may want to explore:
UP350YTT Upgrade to 350YTT Personalised BioMedical Yoga
BIYOME’s option Complete Yoga Therapy Training Programme for an upgrade after completing the 350hrs.
650YTT Master of Biomedical Yoga Therapy, Meditation, & Allied Health
This course is registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Available to be taken as Face-to-Face, Livestream, or online only.
Dates for the Face-to-Face/Livestream attendance will depend on the chosen electives.
Please contact us if you need more information.
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this 150 hour upgrade, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, highly educated session to a wide variety of individuals with a range of different therapeutic needs. Our courses provide you with vast and rich information in order for you to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence, convey the latest biomedical research in the field to students, offer appropriate alignment cues, give touch adjustments, and teach yoga postures aided by props designed to assist with neurological feedback. With intention and discipline, you will become confident in developing heightened proprioceptive awareness in your students and give them a suitable level of control over breath, mind and body.
As a BIYOME teacher you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience, described for millennia through the science of yoga.
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognised membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance all over the world. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
BIYOME’s 150 hour Yoga Teacher Training upgrade specifically allows you upgrade existing qualifications by 150 hours and bring you closer towards you desired level of Yoga Teacher Training and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide.
What You Will Learn
Each of the three (3) specialty intensive training electives that you select shall offer you an immersion of theoretical and practical knowledge. Your awareness of the Ancient Science of Yoga, the Western Biomedical Model, as well as the connection between the two and its relevance to practice will become second to none. Each of the specialty intensive training electives that compose this course entail:
- Understanding the philosophy behind practices including an understanding of the juxtaposition of eastern and western traditions.
- Understanding the physiology behind certain states of physical being as they generally or specifically (dependant on course content) relate to states of samâdhi. This includes a glimpse into the principles of neurobiology and neuroplasticity.
- Understanding the psychology within practices including basic theories of mental or behavioural characteristics that surround ancient traditions. This encompasses yoga and meditation’s presence and relevance in many modern models of psychotherapy.
- Understanding from a complete immersive experience the foundations, applications, and teaching methodologies of each specific specialty chosen.
What You Will Experience
Three face-to-face specialty intensive training electives
Throughout the course, there is an essential face-to-face face component that incorporates training tailored to your course. This includes 99 hours via three 33-hour weekends offered year-round (details below – The BIYOME Difference).
PLUS Continued Professional Development (CPD) Content Provided Online
Additionally, throughout this course, you will be offered online content that builds upon your previous foundational training, offering you resources to support and enhance your understanding of Yoga and Meditation as Lifestyle Medicine.
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Bandha, Mudra, & Pranayama Manual
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio and Visual Lectures
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Leanne Davis (Yoga Australia President, Vinyoga)
Samantha Lindsay-German (Kundalini yoga)
Jamie Denham (Iyengar Yoga)
Clare Sillence (Social Worker & Mental Health Specialist)
Swami Mukti (Satyananda yoga)
Marian Cavanagh (Registered Relax & Renew Instructor & Senior Yoga Teacher)
Edwina Kempe (Licensed TCTSY Specialist, Social Worker)
Dr. Sue Jackson (Flow & iRest Specialist)
Dr. James Kirby (Lecturer in Clinical Psychology UQ School of Psychology)
Dr. Maud Achard (Dietitian)
Alicia Carter (PhD and Masters of Health Psychology Candidate, UQ)
>>Find out more about our faculty & staff
The BIYOME Difference
Selection of three (3) speciality intensive training electives for continued professional development (with a limit of only one meditation option) from the following 33-hour intensive retreats in 2022 (some course dates/teachers/topics yet to be confirmed and may be subject to change).
CPD02 Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (April 15-18, 2022)
CPD03 Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training: Compassion based Yoga Therapy (May 20-23, 2022)
CPD05 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: Restorative Yoga Therapy (June 17-20, 2022)
CPD07 Therapeutic Application of Kundalini Yoga with Samantha Lindsay-German (August 19-22, 2022)
CPD10 Compassion Focussed Yoga Therapy and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr James Kirby (November 18-21, 2022)
CPD06 Mindfulness for a Meaningful Life (Year-round monthly Fridays 9:30-12:30; 11 classes for 33 hours course)
Detailed information on specialty intensive training electives (CPD’s) available here
**Courses featuring special overseas or interstate guests incur an additional $250 deposit to be paid upfront on CPD booking.
Your UP150YTT Training Requirements
- 80% face-to-face attendance
- Completion of three (3) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) and the submission of the associated multiple-choice questions
- Evidence of having taught three (3) Yoga classes
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
For 350YTT upgrade courses a 200 hour yoga teacher training course must be completed or being completed.
For 500YTT upgrade courses a 350 hour yoga teacher training course must be completed or being completed.
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Siegel, D. J. (2010). The mindful therapist: A clinician’s guide to mindsight and neural integration. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props/variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives.
Your UP150YTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $2,848
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(11) Monthly Payments – $266
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion/registration is not offered without complete payment.