Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Training Programme
This program is designed upgrade your existing Yoga Australia qualification by 150 hours. Upon completion of this program you will have the opportunity to advance your Yoga Australia Registration by one level. You will acquire the additional skills to integrate yoga into your daily life and the lives of others. This course will provide an accurate understanding of the science and deep experience of the transcendental state of yoga.
BIYOME’s 150 hourr Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training programme will enable you with an understanding focused in three chosen specialties. You will gain a level of knowledge that assists you in the capacity to conceptualise and teach varied practices for specific group or individual needs; this allowing you to understand the body deeply – offering your students a diverse and personalised experience of the practice, as opposed to just delivering a class.
This course is registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this 150 hour upgrade, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, highly educated session to a wide variety of individuals with a range of different therapeutic needs. Our courses provide you with vast and rich information in order for you to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence, convey the latest biomedical research in the field to students, offer appropriate alignment cues, give touch adjustments, and teach yoga postures aided by props designed to assist with neurological feedback. With intention and discipline, you will become confident in developing heightened proprioceptive awareness in your students and give them a suitable level of control over breath, mind and body.
As a BIYOME teacher you will be able to cultivate the experience of meditation through yoga asana, harness the psychological state of flow in your classroom and offer your students the ultimate transcendental experience, described for millennia through the science of yoga.
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognised membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance all over the world. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
BIYOME’s 150 hour Yoga Teacher Training upgrade specifically allows you upgrade existing qualifications by 150 hours and bring you closer towards you desired level of Yoga Teacher Training and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga worldwide.
What You Will Learn
Each of the three (3) specialty intensive training electives that you select shall offer you an immersion of theoretical and practical knowledge. Your awareness of the Ancient Science of Yoga, the Western Biomedical Model, as well as the connection between the two and its relevance to practice will become second to none. Each of the specialty intensive training electives that compose this course entail:
- Understanding the philosophy behind practices including an understanding of the juxtaposition of eastern and western traditions.
- Understanding the physiology behind certain states of physical being as they generally or specifically (dependant on course content) relate to states of samâdhi. This includes a glimpse into the principles of neurobiology and neuroplasticity.
- Understanding the psychology within practices including basic theories of mental or behavioural characteristics that surround ancient traditions. This encompasses yoga and meditation’s presence and relevance in many modern models of psychotherapy.
- Understanding from a complete immersive experience the foundations, applications, and teaching methodologies of each specific specialty chosen.
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio Lectures
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Your OLUP150YTT Training Requirements
- Completion of three (3) Specialty Intensive Training Modules (CPD) online and the submission of the associated multiple-choice questions
- Evidence of having taught three (3) classes
- Daily Practice sheet – 12 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
For 350YTT upgrade courses a 200 hour yoga teacher training course must be completed or being completed.
For 500YTT upgrade courses a 350 hour yoga teacher training course must be completed or being completed.
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Siegel, D. J. (2010). The mindful therapist: A clinician’s guide to mindsight and neural integration. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
Please note that there are also required texts for each intensive elective undertaken.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Lasater, J. (2009). Yogabody: Anatomy, kinesiology, and asana. Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Bhagavad Gita. Berkeley, CA: Nilgiri Press.
- Myers, T. (2017). Anatomy trains : myofascial meridians for manual and movement therapists. London, United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Feuerstein, G. (2014). The psychology of yoga: Integrating Eastern and Western approaches for understanding the mind. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props/variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives.
Your OLUP150YTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $1,999*
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(12) Monthly Payments – $166.65
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.