Introductory Programme: Transformational Yoga for Lifestyle Medicine
Our introductory 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training programme opens avenues into the world of lifestyle medicine. By delivering you the highest quality educational resources through state-of-the-art evidence-based science we endeavour to assist you in creating opportunities for adeptly understanding the imperative nature of the mind-body connection as it relates to well-being in and beyond the 21st century.
Lifestyle Medicine is a rapidly growing discipline that incorporates mind-body medicine, by way of yoga and meditation, under its large umbrella, opening opportunities for registered yoga and meditation teachers to assist many toward wellbeing. As such, BIYOME has developed an approach to both our provisional 200 hour Teacher Training and accompanying 150 hour upgrade to full teaching registration that facilitates an appreciation for the biological, psychological, and sociological (biopsychosocial) aspects of yoga as lifestyle medicine.
Yoga Australia 200YTT Member
Yoga Alliance 200RYT Member
What You Will Walk Away With
Upon completion of this course, you will have the skills to teach a rich and informative, educated class. You will be able to understand and deliver your teachings with confidence, convey the latest research in the field to students, offer appropriate alignment cues, give touch adjustments, and teach yoga postures aided by the use neurological feedback with props and heightened proprioceptive awareness.
BIYOME’s Yoga Teacher Training courses also create a unique avenue to becoming a yoga teacher registered with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance.
Upon graduation, certification with BIYOME avails the opportunity to register with either Association providing you with a globally recognised membership. Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance provide a standard of training recognition for teachers to practice with insurance all over the world. While Yoga Australia is highly regarded in Australia and the UK, Yoga Alliance may be your registration choice should you wish to teach in the USA.
BIYOME’s 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training specifically allows you to become a provisional yoga teacher over a 6 to 12-month time frame. You will then have three years to complete the 150 hour upgrade to Personalised Biomedical Yoga to complete your full Australian teaching registration.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding Disconnection: Suffering, Stress, & the Maladapted Mind
- Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine: Our innate ability to change
- The Path to Wellness: The Philosophy Behind Practice
- The Ethical Philosophy of Practice
- Understanding the Body-Mind Connection: Anatomy, Physiology & Neurobiology
- Theory of Teaching-Technique
- The Altruistic Teaching Methodology: The Science of Compassion and Connection
- Mindfulness: The Science of Attention and Attunement
- Asana: The Science of Posture and Position
- Pranayama: The Science of Respiration and Regulation
- Meditation: The Science of Concentration and Clarity
- Sound Therapy: The Science of Vocabulary and Vibration
What Additional Materials Are Provided
- Yoga Practice Sequences
- Yoga Asana Manual
- Daily Practice Journal
- Complete access to all Provided Literature
- Complete access to all Audio Lectures
- BIYOME YouTube Channel
- BIYOME Vimeo Channel
- BIYOME Terminology Dictionary
Your OL200YTT Training Requirements
- The submission of the multiple-choice questions at the end of each lesson within the online 200YTT content
- Evidence of having taught four (4) classes
- Daily Practice sheet – 12 months
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
We highly recommend at least 12 months regular practice; however, we take all cases individually – please complete an application form and we will contact you directly to discuss.
- Kaminoff, L., & Matthews, A. (2012). Yoga anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Feuerstein, G. (2008). The yoga tradition: Its history, literature, philosophy, and practice (3rd ed.). Chino Valley, AR: Hohm Press.
- Siegel, D. J. (2012). Pocket guide to interpersonal neurobiology: An integrative handbook of the mind. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Carrera, J. (2006). Inside the yoga sutras: A comprehensive sourcebook for the study and practice of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras. Buckingham, VA: Integral Yoga Publications.
- Bachman, N. (2005). The language of yoga: Complete A to Y guide to āsana names, Sanskrit terms, and chants. Boulder, CO: Sounds True.
- Iyengar, B. K. (2014). Yoga: The path to holistic health. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley.
- Desikachar, T. K. (1999). The heart of yoga: Developing a personal practice. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Robin, M. (2009). A handbook for Yogasana teachers: The incorporation of neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy into the practice. Tucson, AZ: Wheatmark.
Props attain a 15% discount when purchased from Yoga King Products.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 Iyengar yoga chair (specific design to be purchased from EMP Industrial)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Please note that there are also required props / variances in prop requirements for different specialty intensive electives (CPD’s).
Your OL200YTT Investment
Investment to becoming registered with Yoga Australia starting from $2,488*
(1) Deposit payment – $249
(12) Monthly Payments – $219.92
*Upfront payment discount applied
**Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment.