Practice is not about what you get, it is about what you give. Whether you are driven or resistant, the medicine is the same: do what is truly possible with unwavering commitment to giving yourself to the moment. Without this intention, practice becomes another task to be completed, and it loses its ability to transform. And, transformation, or freedom, is the reason for all discipline.
Bridging the gap between a strong yoga class and a seated meditation class restorative yoga is an evidence-based practice providing a level of rejuvenation that many within our chaotic society cannot access in other ways.
Sleep deprived, exhausted, and over-worked many clienteles within our society come seeking a sense of relief from chronic illness, inflammation, anxiety, depression, or a sense of unease. Learning to teach restorative practices and to focus classes on the benefits of self-care enables a richness within the practitioner’s services that allows for integrative wellbeing in their clientele.
Moreover, restorative yoga has the capacity to completely tone the nervous system, deep interoceptive awareness is developed to transform suffering. Restorative yoga is a magnificent and empowering therapeutic tool that awakens the energetic systems of the mind-body developing a heightened sensitivity and a gentle self-compassion; this then, intrinsically enhancing holistic wellbeing making it incredibly accessible to many people
This intensive provides an immersive embodied learning experience that enables all yoga practitioners to have a first-hand proficiency and adept understanding of psychosomatic medicine and the healing process. Such includes short, medium, and long hold poses, sequencing, correct prop usage for individual anatomy variances, accurate and precise alignment tutelage, touch adjustments, methodology of pranayama and the physiology of relaxation.
Next Date Offered:
Course available to be taken online at anytime. Contact us for more details.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the philosophy behind practice principals including gunas, koshas, the pranic body, the roots of the body’s energetic connections, and utilising Restorative Yoga as Therapy.
- Understanding the physiology behind practice including the body’s response to stress as well as how and why intentional relaxation is imperative for holistic wellbeing. Moreover, a deeper understanding of the heart-brain connection will be provided.
- Understanding the psychology behind practice including interpersonal neurobiology and the therapeutic relationship, understanding the connectivity the heart and the brain – the neurobiology of relaxation and the effect of restorative yoga on holistic wellbeing.
- Understanding from a complete immersive experience the foundations, applications, and teaching methodologies of restorative yoga – including the adept use of props, sequencing, and practicalities of working within the group environment.
This is a 50 hour CPD course registered with both Yoga Australia and the Meditation Association of Australia – should you wish to begin your meditation or yoga teacher training with this course please view this Specialty Intensive Training as an elective within our full course offerings. Details available here.
Further Information & Requirements
- Taught By
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
- Lasater, J. (2017). Restore and rebalance: Yoga for deep relaxation. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications.
There are no further recommended books at this stage.
- 1 yoga mat
- 2-4 bolsters
- 2-4 blocks
- 4-8 blankets
- 2-3 eye pillows
- 1 yoga strap
- 2 sand bags
- meditation cushion/s
Your CPD05 Investment
Full investment upfront $1,249
or choose a payment plan:
1x deposit payment $249
3x additional monthly payments $417
Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment