This is the course I have developed from the year that changed my life. Amongst challenge and adversity, these are the practices are where I found my deepest courage and strength. These are the Meditations and evidenced based practices that I created meaning and fostered compassion in my life. They are here now in this year long course for all to receive, cultivate and cherish.
Celia Roberts, 2018
Founded in state-of-the-art science and lived experience, mindfulness for a meaningful life offers you a chance of learning proficiency in the teachings that have been personally effective within Celia’s life. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to create deepened embodied meaning within your life.
Spread over the course of the year, and available for entry at anytime, mindfulness for a meaningful life will cultivate an accessible energy of healing, compassion, altruism; ultimately you will come away not only with continued professional development to assist your clients, so too you will attain your own sense of freedom built upon sustained resilience.
Our 2020 schedule will include Focused Attention Meditation & What Makes Us Happy; Healing Relationships through Meditation; Dream Yoga and Night Time Meditations; The Psychology of Optimal Experience; Meditations for Overcoming Grief and Loss; Meditations for a Heart Centred Life; Meditations for your unique Emotional Brain; Meditations for a Strong Nervous System; Meditations for Pain Relief; Compassion Focused Therapy; Mindfulness-Based Movement & Somatic Experiencing.
Next Date Offered:
Course available to be taken online at anytime. Contact us for more details.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the philosophy behind meditation including both Buddhist & Yogic perspectives of suffering, wellness, and the innate human capacity to heal.
- Understanding the physiology behind practice including the neurobiology of mindfulness and compassion as it relates to the evolution of change and brain plasticity.
- Understanding the psychology behind practice including principles based in acceptance and commitment therapy, positive psychology, flow psychology, compassion focused therapy, and many more eastern and western mindful modalities.
- Understanding from a complete immersive experience the foundations, applications, and teaching methodologies of Mindfulness for a Meaningful Life.
This is a 50 hour CPD course registered with both Yoga Australia and the Meditation Association of Australia – should you wish to begin your meditation or yoga teacher training with this course please view this Specialty Intensive Training as an elective within our full course offerings. Details available here.
Further Information & Requirements
- Taught By
- Required Books
- Recommended Books
- Required Props
Dr. Sue Jackson (Flow & iRest Specialist)
Clare Sillence (Social Worker & Mental Health Specialist)
Sam German (Kundalini yoga)
James Kirby (Lecturer in Clinical Psychology UQ School of Psychology)
There are no specific required texts however we highly recommend
- Ricard, M. (2015). Altruism: The power of compassion to change yourself and the world. Tullamarine, Australia: Bolinda Publishing.
- Siegel, D. J. (2010). The mindful therapist: A clinician’s guide to mindsight and neural integration. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
- Kornfield, J. (2017). No time like the present – finding freedom and joy where you are. London, United Kingdom: Ebury Publishing.
- Badenoch, B. (2018). The heart of trauma: Healing the embodied brain in the context of relationships. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
- 1 yoga mat
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Your CPD06 Investment
Full investment upfront $1,249
or choose a payment plan:
1x deposit payment $249
3x additional monthly payments $417
Certificate of completion / registration is not offered without complete payment